Thursday, February 1, 2007

Victor Hanson on the "New Ugly Americans"

As a yank living in Europe, I understand the tendency to bash the Bush administration in order to ingratiate yourself to people in this overwhelmingly Bush-deranged continent. But I can't do it. I don't care what they think, I have to be honest regardless of the consequences. Unfortunately, no amount of reason or facts can penetrate the rock-hard shell of liberal self-righteousness that most Europeans have built around themselves. So these days, I just avoid the discussion. You can actually lose friend over here by defending the United States' foreign policy. To be honest though, when that's happened to me, it was never a big loss, even if it might have seemed like it at the time.

Anyway, a dose of reason and Kerry bashing from the erudite Prof. Hanson:

The Ugly American

No comments: